Right now we’re (all four of us) learning how to be grown-ups. Granted, we’re at different points in this particular rite-of-passage, but it’s not often that we all sort of align and have the same basic question. This decade, I think we’re all dealing with some version of “what am I going to do with my life?!”
I want you each to know that it has truly been a joy and an honor to be able to talk to each of you as adults. It blows my mind that we really, truly, have become friends. Even with the extreme distances, I count on you three for the majority of the non-Hubs feedback and support in my life.
Each of you is dealing with some difficult decisions right now, and each of you has done some significant work in helping me with mine. It has truly been a privilege to grow up with you. I look forward to being a gaggle of old ladies someday, and in all the years between now and then.
Songs for my Sisters
1. Awake My Soul – Mumford and Sons: all hurts aside, you guys have what it takes
2. Bottle Action [explicit] – Miss B: never let anyone do your fighting for you
3. These Boots Were Made for Walking – Nancy Sinatra: don’t take no crap from no-one
4. It’s A Hard Knock Life – Annie: we’re so precocious, despite hard times
5. When God Shines His Light On Me – Van Morrison: a song from when we were all kiddos, good one for looking back
6. Hyperactivity – Mark Lowry: duh
7. Strong Enough – Sheryl Crow: you are absolutely worth the best out there; never settle
8. Dance Sister Dance (Baila Mi Hermana) – Santana: you guys are amazing dancers, it’s like watching happiness
9. Amazing Grace (a capella): best memories are of singing with you guys
10. Ain’t Got No – I Got Life – Nina Simone: no matter what you don’t have, you always have your life
And as long as you’ve got that, it can always get better.