Windows Live Writer (Beta) is awesome. I wrote about it yesterday but I just want you guys to know how much I am enjoying it. I’m going to show you another picture of how it looks when I am composing:
Jealous? What I see is truly, actually, (madly, deeply?) what I get. And, since I’m already insanely comfortable with Office 2007 (I product tested some of the beta versions of that, did I ever mention??) tabs, I am really loving the “controls” for this Live Writer thingy.
You can get to the (free) download by clicking on the link up at the top or by coping and pasting this URL:
They’re not compensating me AT ALL, which is total BS, but whatever. I’m happy with the product so I guess that’s compensation enough.
(By the way, Windows Live Movie Maker is a crock of steaming sour milk. FYI. Don’t use it. Terrible stuff.)
If I want to see how it’s going to look with all my sidebar nonsense, here’s where I click:
And then it shows me this:
Which I don’t actually need, (much as I love looking at my face) but sometimes it’s nice to be SURE.
- I still have access to HTML coding.
- I can upload pictures directly from my computer without worrying about waiting for each individual one to upload.
- It does all sorts of cool frames for pictures, some of which I have tried today. (Jury’s still out on this, but it’s nice to know I can do it.) (I kind of like the polaroid one…)
- Spell checker (excellent when I’m using Internet Explorer instead of Mozilla)
- Word finder (I tend to repeat vocab words.)
- I can publish directly from Live Writer OR save as a draft in case I want to fiddle more once I’m in Blogger.
- I can insert a whole video (!!!!!)
- I can insert a whole map.
- I can insert plug ins? I’m going to play with this one. It looks promising.
- For you: It works with most blog services (not just Blogger).
Anyways, I think you might try it. It’s cool and (I think) easier than Blogger’s controls where composing is concerned.
Again, thanks to my bloggy friends for recommending this gadget. I like it. It is almost as nice as getting enough sleep.